Monday, October 12, 2009

Manuscript critiques - Q&A

I just returned yesterday afternoon from the University of North Dakota's Children's Writers Conference.  Great conference!!

Now it's full steam ahead to the SCBWI Black Hills conference in Hill City, SD, on Nov 9-10. 

Questions are coming in about the critiques.  I'll do my best to answer some of the main ones.

Q:  Do I have to submit a manuscript for critique?
A:  No.  It's totally up to you.

Q:  What does the critique include?
A:  You will receive a 15-minute meeting with the person who critiqued your manuscript as well as a written critique.

Q:  Do I have to attend the conference to get a critique?
A:  Yes.  You must be a paid registrant of the conference.  

Q:  When do I have to submit my manuscript to receive a critique?
A:  Postmark deadline is October 20. (Please note the change.)  However, critique spots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.  Please submit now.  (After Oct. 20, please contact me: Jean Patrick. http://www.dakotas-scbwi.org/)

Let me know if you have more questions!

Jean

Jean Patrick
Regional Advisor, Dakotas
Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators

No comments:

Post a Comment